Home Page >> TURKEY 28 August 2019, Wednesday 09:42

Turkey Gets Second Batch S-400 Missiles

Turkey Gets Second Batch S-400 MissilesTurkey has received the second batch of the Russian S-400 missile defense system on Tuesday, according to Turkeys’ National Defense Ministry.
Paylaş  
0
0
0
0

Turkey has received the second batch of the Russian S-400 missile defense system on Tuesday, according to Turkeys’ National Defense Ministry.
"The second batch of equipment of S-400 missile defense system has arrived at Murted Air Base near Ankara," the ministry said on Twitter.
“The delivery process will continue around one month,” the ministry added.
Ankara received its first supply of S-400 missiles in July. The delivery of the first battery was completed on July 25.
Sensing that its protracted efforts to purchase an air defense missile system from the ally U.S. was not heading towards success, Turkey in April 2017, signed a contract with Russia to acquire the S-400 anti-missile shield.
Opposing deployment of the Russian system, U.S. officials argued that would be incompatible with the NATO systems and expose its fifth generation, the state-of-art, F-35 jet, to possible Russian subterfuge.
Turkey, however, emphasized that the S-400 would not be integrated into the NATO systems, thus had no chance to pose any threat to the alliance or its armaments.
Turkey even asked for setting up of a commission to clarify any technical issues. But U.S. has, so far, not respond to this proposal.
The S-400 system is seen as one of the most advanced missile systems in the world, capable of tracking several targets simultaneously.

banner

Show Your Response
0
 
0
 
0
 
0
 
0
 
0
 
0
 

Facebook yorum
COMMENTS
0
WAITING FOR PERMISSION
0
Oktay reiterates support to Turkish Cypriots
image Turkish vice President Fuat Oktay said that Turkey will support the Turkish Cypriot people till the very end.
PKK terrorist attack in SE Turkey kills 7 civilians  
image  9 others injured when terrorists target vehicle carrying villagers, says interior minister
 
Turkish FM makes Varosha stance clear: We are opening it
image Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu while speaking on a televised interview said that the preparations were underway and they were determined to open the closed town of Varosha.